CAT® brand knives and multi-tools are backed by a limited lifetime warranty to the original retail purchaser and are guaranteed be free from defects in materials and workmanship for as long as owned by the original purchaser and is used for the purpose intended, under normal conditions, or for the maximum period allowed by the laws of your jurisdiction, if less.
Knives and Multi-Tools covered under our warranty will be repaired or replaced at our discretion, free of charge. In the event that the style being returned is no longer available for exchange, a product of equal value may be substituted.
Use of a knife for any purpose other than cutting is considered abuse and is not covered under warranty. This warranty shall not apply when a knife or multi-tool has been tampered with or modified, improperly sharpened, when repairs or attempted repairs have been made by unauthorized persons, or where the Product has been subjected to misuse, abuse, accident or damage in transit. No charges will be accepted for unauthorized parts, repairs or services.
Exclusions for Coverage
Excluded from coverage under this warranty are the following:
- Damage resulting from abuse or misuse.
- Damage resulting from extended wear and tear.
- Damage resulting from improper use of a blade such as prying or pounding
- Damage resulting from tampering or a customer modification.
- Damage resulting from exposure to a caustic substance, including rust.